Thursday, July 7, 2016

Caves Day 4: Maybe Some Good News?

So, the current plan with the cave is that the head PI of the project (Julie, who I've heard is awesome) is going to try to appeal to the BLM on Monday or Tuesday to see if we can get back into the cave. We have to retrain people to use one of the more crucial pieces of equipment if we do get down there again, and if that happens then we will science there Until when Julie leaves. It's still a really crappy situation since we're stuck in limbo essentially, but at least we have some potential plans.

 

Truckie is currently probably in the process of being fixed, we'll check in on it tomorrow.

 

Today we went on an outing to Yellowstone since someone had an annual pass and Garrett had never gone before. I got a lot of pictures, and also some minor sunburn on my arms. Uploading photos is hard due to lack of proper internet, so those will be uploaded at some point.

 

I've only just recently become aware of the shootings in Louisiana, Minnesota, and Texas, and I really hope that all of you have been taking care of yourselves. These events are stressful, regardless of your position on it, and it's important that you're taking care of your needs. I hope you all had a safe Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment