So today was a... Wild time.
We left for Lovell, WY after acquiring a lot of perishable goods, which we had to tetris into the back of the truck alongside our stuff. I acquired yarn and knitting needles to make Jayne Cobb hats for me, Penny, and Garrett.
We then get to Lovell, stock up on water, and head on up the mountain on this dirt-path road that feels like being rattled around inside a pinball machine. About halfway up, our transmission stops. And in the process of trying to see what was going on and having people up at camp help us, it... Went into neutral and rolled backwards into a juniper tree.
Everyone was out of the car, thankfully, and only one person got hurt (Juan, the caver-fixer-handyman of the camp, was under the car when it rolled and got a bit dragged, but nothing broke). But we did lose a water tank and a few food items. Nothing else was really damaged, except for the truck.
Don't really have any Hamilton-related anecdotes, but I can say that sunsets in Wyoming are really pretty. I'll set a photo I took of tonight's sunset when I have more reliable internet access.
I'll post this when I get service, which I hope might be soon. I hope you all had a good, safe Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment