Friday, July 15, 2016

Caves Day 12!

Today was filled with surveying and recording the fossils we found over the past few days while the surveying equipment was down. There was a lot of sketching, levelling, and general technological confusion. The Australians did a few interviews and had us do a goofy congo line, which was fun.

I think the cat litter we use as part of the bathroom system down in the cave gives me headaches though. I went to the bathroom and I was immediately assaulted with slight pain, exhaustion, and the inability to focus, so I had to take a good 30-45 minute break from helping out with the fossil surveying, which stunk. But I did get back on track eventually, thankfully.

Penny and I made Mac and cheese with chicken and bacon for dinner, and everyone was pretty dang happy. And then we played Cards Against Humanity with the entire camp until the thunderstorm that's currently rolling over us came in.

I will probably stay topside tomorrow so I can do some much needed laundry and sift through the sediment we keep bringing up. I like the cave, but all my warm layers got drenched in hot chocolate today, which isn't exactly great when you're working on the cave. Stuff gets cold and unpleasant there.

My Friday was a fair amount of busy. Hope your Friday went well!

No comments:

Post a Comment